Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Living room

Sorry I have been really busy with this:


Do you see this old lady nasty discolored wallpaper? I mean really did you see it? It was in pretty sad shape ! I really wanted to re-do this room because 1.) I knew it would not cost much. and 2.) It is the first impression people have of our home and that wallpaper was not cutting it . 


Yikes  ! Wallpaper was EVERYWHERE ! And Mr. Apollo thought it was fun to grab wallpaper and rip it into teeny tiny little shreds .



One of the many reasons I fell in love  with our house was all of the wonderful woodwork. I love it and it is in wonderful condition! When we started thinking about re-doing the living room I knew that I wanted the wood to stand out. So we picked a nice light gray.  To really help pop all the wood work out. And boy does it!!!! I am over the moon with the new look of our living room !

Someday the curtains will be different and we are planning on ripping out the carpet. But it is way better than it was. We are taking it one thing at a time ;) 

-To really see the "true" wall color look above the door frame. :)

1 comment: