Monday, September 3, 2012

Ready for Fall !!!

 Since July I have been not so patiently watching the calendar .   Checking off the days and planning for Fall. I usually have Fall fever but this year has been the worst ever. We have had a very hot and very sunny summer maybe too hot ! I love summer don't get me wrong but for me Fall is my favorite season.  The crisp smell in the air, leaves crunching under your feet, and most importantly PUMPKIN recipes !    So here is the plan I created : no matter what I was going to decorate our house September 1st for Fall and I did. September 2nd I made the first pumpkin pies of the season !
 I am also starting to learn that you can create a nice style with little to no money . It IS possible. Let me give you a rundown on how I created the looks I did. Mirror thrifted 2 years ago it was $3 I spray painted  it . Candle stick holders and candles are from the Dollar Tree as well as the place mat , pumpkins and leaves . The glass cover is a cheese tray  I thrifted last year for a $1.00 I spray painted the base . Runner I made last year with some fabric I had on hand . Baskets 1 one given to me by a family member and the other one was $2 at a local discount store a few years ago. The little metal basket came for a Christmas gift I was given a few years ago it had bath products in it.


 This is my favorite Fall decoration. I took a cake plate given to me by a family member place the white floral thing around it ( also given to me by a family member ) and added leaves and pumpkins from The Dollar Tree . Placed my favorite Yankee candle in the center ( Cider Web) And called it done !



So there you have it a Pottery Barn inspired Fall on a Dollar Tree budget ! r

No comments:

Post a Comment