Wednesday, September 14, 2011

So easy iced coffee

For whatever reason I have had a hankering for iced coffee. But instead of paying a ton of money for it at a coffee  shop I decided I would make it at home.  After some online research all I found was how to make a ton at a time. And since I am the only one in the house that drinks it I just can't justify that . So last night I decided that I would try to make it in my french press. Here is what I did:

I added 6 teaspoons of course ground  coffee - this sounds like a lot but you have to remember that you will dilute the coffee with ice so you want a nice strong coffee base.  I used a breakfast blend of coffee.

And then filled up my french press with  cold water if I had to take a guess I would say that's about 2- 2 1/2 cups water.  Then stir the coffee around in the water.

Put the lid on an let it set over night .

This morning I added sugar to my glass then  a little bit of coffee, stired it around and then added my ice .  I  filled the rest of the cup with coffee and then added my creamer. 

I would have to say it rivals any good coffee house's version :)

I might look for some flavored coffee syrup for some added flavor .

And I loved that I didn't have to mess with the coffee pot this morning too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment